Friday, January 4, 2013

Simply Tell Yourself...I Can


"The difference between can 
and cannot is only three letters. 
Three letters that can shape 
your life's direction." 
~Remez Sasson 


Imagine if the Little Engine told himself, "I think I can't!" He would have remained at the bottom of the hill. Children would not have been inspired to understand the benefits of hard work.

It's so easy to compare ourselves to those around us and fall into a funk. There were many days I allowed myself to be bogged down in thinking about the things 'I could have' or 'should have done'. However, I've learned to accept my past, shake it off, and keep it moving.

There's no script for this journey. All I need is to remind myself of the possibilities and on occasion whisper in my own ear two words -I can.

Journey light,
E

No comments: