Monday, December 31, 2012

Celebrating New Year's Eve Alone

Son: "What you got going tonight?"

Me: "I'm celebrating me!"

Son: "Really? No, what are you doing??"

Me: "I'm celebrating me. Dinner, wine, movie, bath, etc."



Of course he gave me the side eye shook his head and I could see the cartoon air balloon above his head with the phrase "My mom officially doesn't have a life". Maybe I don't. But I believe, life is how you perceive it. You can grumble or rejoice in the small things. Tonight I'm keeping it simple and celebrating me. I can go through the routine of changing from one outfit to another without concern for time. I can enjoy a few glasses of wine and fall out in my own bed afterwards.  This is a self project, so anything goes and I've already started my party.  As I draw my bath, I decided to share with those of you who decided to stay in tonight but may be wondering what to do next.


My How to Enjoy You Guide
  • Set the mood and light some candles. Burning candles not only makes the room smell nice, but it provides an ambiance of peace and tranquility.  
  • Enjoy dinner and a movie. Earlier this evening, I stopped by the Cheesecake Bistro and picked up one of my favorite dishes and rented a couple of movies from Redbox.
  • Sip on something bubbly and nibble on something sweet.  I don't care for champagne, so I opted for a bottle of prosecco instead and ordered a white chocolate bread pudding. Trying my best to save both of these for later.
  • Pamper yourself. Since everyone is headed out, there is no better time to enjoy a soothing, hot bubble bath free of noise and distractions. 
  • Dance like no one's watching. One of the best things about that quote is that literally and figuratively, we should take time out to do whatever makes us feel good. Tonight may be a perfect time to try some new looks and dance in the mirror while doing so.
  • Set some new goals or revisit old ones. I've never created a vision board but I always write down my goals and go back to see where I am.  This year I'm starting a new journal and adding some pictures. Guess I'll call it a "vision book" instead.
  • Look for inspiration.  Some of us are inspired by God, others by people.  I'm moved by both. So tonight I'll being downloading a new book to start reading in the new year.
Well that's it. I'm off to my DIY home spa now. :-) 

May you love harder, think deeper, and climb higher than you ever imagined! Wishing you a safe and Happy New Year!  

No comments: