Thursday, September 9, 2010

Just My Thoughts: It Is What It Is

Today's Outlook

Cancer (6/22-7/22)
Is it a case of mistaken identity, or are you just really seeing this person's true colors for the first time? Play detective when it comes to the past. In light of their recent behavior, you may no longer dismiss some erratic or inconsiderate behaviors as 'just one of those things.' In fact, it may be part of a pretty clear pattern. Now that you have the evidence assembled in front of you, you have to decide what to do next. Let your conscience be your guide.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

I've always found it a bit odd that my daily horoscope which I choose to read sporadically and often at the end of the day lines up so conveniently perfect with yesterday's issue. But then I normally reason that I'm sure everyone is going through a very similiar situation regardless of what their sun sign happens to be. But nope...not this time. It simply is, what it is....and for me if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, well then damnitallhell I should know what it is. Doesn't matter how much I may want it to be something else it still remains the same.

As the last line of my outlook suggests, I do allow my conscience to be my guide. Not only that, the older I become the less tolerant I am of waiting games. I don't think I need to see if what I'm feeling now is going to ever go away or if I'm being irrational. I think the fact that a seed of doubt was allowed to take root because no one's trying to stop it speaks volumes. Therefore I just keep it moving. Just this way of thinking in itself has kept me from being the crazy jealous type. You know the one who goes through your emails, text messages, instant messages, snail mail, etc. Counts your condoms or hides one just to see what you can come up with off the top of your head when I demand to know what happens to it. Follows you, shows up at your spot unannounced, calls you all night while you're out with fellas and accuses you of being with someone else. I can keep going. Not because I've done it but because I've had it done to me AND I happen to have a couple of friends whom I love dearly believe "by any means necessary" is fair in games of love and war. I just think if you allow those suspicions to overshadow your thoughts of anything else, its time to let something or someone go.

So is it possible that my way of thinking is warped? Could be. I have no problem accepting that to be the case. But I also have no problem with this being my life and feeling like no one else is entitled to come through and force me to accept something less then what I need. Notice I didn't say want ;-)

Several months ago a friend of mine was venting about things and people who were offering no value to her life and slowly but surely trimming the excess baggage. At the time I thought her words were crude, but I now fully understand what she was expressing and have come to appreciate the introduction to the lesson that would be drawn upon later. As it applies to me today, I am looking around at people and things myself and not only asking the same question she posed but turning it back on myself. So in the next several weeks I have two things to focus on-what value does this part of the journey add to my life and what value do I add to it. Until next time....journey light.

Luv, peace, and an abundance of blessings,

E

No comments: