Monday, November 2, 2009

Just My Thoughts:Tired But Hopeful

Cancer (6/22-7/22)
Today’s Horoscope: You'll have all the energy and opportunity you need to socialize like a pro today, although you might not have as much time as you'd like. It's all about brief, pleasant interludes and snappy comebacks right now. You can save the long, drawn-out conversations for another day. The experiences you have with other people now might feel less substantial, but they are still just as effective at keeping you connected.
***********************************************
Hey Beautiful…today I'm grateful for the opportunity to see the sun again and another day to get it right....Some things in life may not always turn out the way I hope but it keeps building me and preparing me for the real thing..."The Grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for" ~Allan Chalmers

Today’s horoscope is a bit off base. Although I have been invited to a couple of football gatherings tonight and there’s a couple of open mics I wouldn’t mind checking out, I’m not feeling like the energy part fits. Today I’m not feeling very energetic. I’m tired. I’m tired of people coming in my life saying one thing and doing the exact opposite once they have my attention. I’m tired of starting over from scratch. I’m tired of my car deciding it’s going to act brand new on the day I need it to be the most dependable. I’m tired of thinking I got life figured out. I’m tired of making mistakes. I’m tired of thinking this time it will be different.

But luckily, regardless of how frustrated I may get or how disillusioned I sometimes feel, I’m glad I’m able to keep standing and that I’m crazy enough to believe that one day everything will fall into place exactly the way I have envisioned it. Because I’m a dreamer, hopeless romantic, believer in people and by nature look for the good in everyone/everything. I guess that explains why I’m a teacher. J So even though I may get tired of many things, these same things are the stepping stones that keep me moving. There was a time not very long ago, I would break down completely, cry a lot in solitude, question why, and even demand an answer from the person I felt could explain it to me or God. But I’ve learned that we all have our trials and errors. No ones immune from life’s changes. Depending on how we each handle these obstacles is what strengthens us or knocks us out. I’m not as strong as I would like to be. As much as I believe in karma and signs, I still ignore some things I know I shouldn’t. And of course that’s when hindsight kicks in and the lesson is learned. Reflection is usually not that hard to do but accepting responsibility is an even more difficult pill to swallow. But the beauty of it all is the ability to look back, accept it for what it is/was, and not hold onto that which will haunt me later. To have the opportunity to sleep peacefully and continue dreaming pleasantly. In other words, keep it moving. So even though I may be tired today of a lot of things, I can’t afford to let it take away my joy nor move me from this phase in my life that has given me much to be thankful for in the midst of several question marks. Until next time….journey light.

Luv, peace, and an abundance of blessings,

E

No comments: