Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Just My Thoughts: Looking Forward to Something Big

Cancer (6/22-7/22)
Today’s Horoscope: Intriguing new ideas are introduced into your usual way of thinking, and these developments point the way to plenty of renewal. This comes as no surprise to you -- your excellent instincts could tell that something big was coming down the pike. You may be surprised that you feel some hesitancy, but it's understandable. After all, saying yes to one thing means saying no to another -- or does it? Take a step back from the fast pace to reflect on your choices.

*****
GM Beautiful...today I'm grateful for God's comforting embrace, another day to live better than before, challenges that build character & strength, loving for no reason, and this journey full of surprises...I may be a little bruised, but I'm surely not broken..."The soul enjoys the body in its pleasures and takes over to heal it in its illnesses" ~Marsilio Ficino

*****

What’s funny about horoscopes is that just like having your fortune read you can make it fit anyone’s life regardless of having any true insight into what they are going through. So why do I read them? Because it makes me stop and assess where I’ve been and where I’m going. Isn’t that what we do when presented a scripture, affirmation, thought of the day? No matter the source I take it as a time to reflect. So today I’m reflecting on choices.

During the past few month’s I’ve said yes/no and later questioned “Did I choose wisely?” In August, I resigned. That was not necessarily a decision. I knew in May that I could lose my job if my certification was not renewed in time. The route I decided to take afterwards was where the decision making began. I decided to deal with each day as it came. I decided I didn’t want to return to BMS. I decided the delay was a sign to move on. And although I’m not receiving any unemployment benefits, when told my position was still vacant and my certificate was once again valid, I continued to hold to my decision that returning to BMS was not the answer. Some called it prideful. Not really. True I hadn’t saved wisely, nor could I afford a pay cut. So going back seemed like the right idea. The economy is in bad shape and teaching is a considered a secure job. But I didn’t begin teaching for job security. However, I couldn’t help but admit that the last couple of years that even though I would return to work excited and motivated, by mid-year I was ready to transfer and then eventually settled for staying put. I had become complacent and confined to just being comfortable. So this seemed like the shake up I needed but hadn’t asked for. Therefore I continued to plan my next few steps as if everything was in order. I continued to live. In late August, I received a phone call to return to Atlanta Public Schools to teach in another location. I said yes and was relieved to know I wouldn’t have to be out of work long and no pay cut. YAY! However, I had not prepared myself for the time it would take to be rehired. This is where some of the steps became tricky, sometimes depressing. I had friends/family going through too so I was reminded not to complain. There were several times when I wanted to. However, every time the urge came about, someone near or far stepped in to help me keep it together.

As much as I know this to be true, God has truly shown me how he works through others. So what if all my plans did not work the way I thought they would, I was placed where I believe I was suppose to be. So in questioning did I choose wisely, I believe I did. I believe I’m well on my way to the “something big” now. I had just enough time to step out in another arena and see how I can combine my two loves. Now I just have to make it happen. And today I will finally be going to APS to update my fingerprints so I can get back to work.

Sitting here now I realize I took that pay cut after all, in order to get a raise in spirit and in faith. Until next time….journey light.

Luv, peace, and an abundance of blessings,

E

No comments: