Friday, November 6, 2009

Just My Thoughts: Need to Rearrange Some Things

Cancer (6/22-7/22) You’ve been telling everyone about the new projects you want to start, and everyone has been wonderfully supportive. But today, they might start to get impatient. It's time to get going and put your energy into fulfilling your promises. It's a great day to initiate things anyway, so take advantage of it -- put things in motion! If you don't do it today, you run the very real risk of getting a reputation for being flaky.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

GM Beautiful...Today I'm grateful for God, His love, His protection, His revelation and His messengers…I’m still loving living learning… “God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference. Living one day at a time; enjoying one moment at a time; Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace…”~Reinhold Niebuhr

As a friend advised me, when in doubt refer to that prayer your grandmother and most older folks have posted somewhere in their home, I asked “Are you referring to the Serenity Prayer?” Funny this is the very prayer my dad would refer to when I was going through something. This was mainly because I had a hard time with the ‘accepting’ part. Yes, I realize that’s right at the beginning. Just being real about my progress. So now I’m revisiting the ‘courage to change’ section.

Growing up, my mother maintained a certain level of organization and rearranged the furniture often. When I owned a home, I use to believe I did the same thing because I inherited the constant moving/organizing trait from her. But I later realized that it was simply because I get bored with the same arrangement after some time has passed and the dust has settled.
That boredom often translates into my relationships with others, my career, my spirituality, and my hobbies. But one thing I never seem to bore of is the opportunity for growth. So if all those areas are growing then I’m good. Unfortunately, after taking a long hard look they are not. Because honestly I slow down right near the edge of the runway and hesitate. Maybe it’s because of fear or possibly feeling overwhelmed. Whatever it is, either excuse is not a good one. So after taking a long hard look at where all ‘my stuff’ is currently sitting, I’m finding it’s time to move things around again.

Originally I thought about listing the many projects I have swimming in my head but have yet to begin or complete. Thinking maybe sharing them in a public forum will help me to be accountable. However I decided to only name one as sometimes its not good to reveal what one’s plans are. Because surely someone will throw a monkey wrench in it or a couple of “frenemies” will attempt to talk you out of your plans. So in saying that I decided I’d only share this…..Imma start by having a talk with God. We’re way overdue on a couple of topics and I need him to move the larger pieces that I keep trying to drag around on my on. Otherwise, without him everything will remain scattered and unorganized. Nothing will be where it’s supposed to be and comfort will be hard to come by. Why am I sharing this? Because I’m guessing someone can relate and is wondering where to start in this rearranging process. Not to mention, sometimes it’s just that simple. Until next time...journey light.
Luv, peace, and an abundance of blessings,
E

No comments: