Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Maybe I Am a Shoe Whore, But What Are You?

Ok, so yesterday it was not my intention to buy any shoes at all. I only wanted to pick up some items for my students at the store next door. But I saw one of those signs. You know the one that has the big multicolored dots on them. The first dot says something or 'nother and the second says "1/2 off" or "free". Rightttt that one. See I knew you knew :) So, I was lured into this shoe store by one of these signs and thought, well, maybe I do need one pair of really comfortable work shoes.

I saw a pair. Tried them on. Hmph, not really cute but possibly do-able. Then, I saw another. It was a little more appealing to the eye and was slightly more comfortable. So, I slipped the other on and proceeded to do my "try before you buy walk". Which by the way, really does not work because I always find myself giving away shoes that scored a big fat ZERO in the real world trial. Anywho, I digress, so as I was walking around in the possible pair, out of the corner of my eye I spotted a neon green sticker with $12 flashing on it next to the original price of $59.99. Kind of like the blue light in Kmart. Well, not really flashing, but as you begin to slide into bargain mode, this is generally what appears to be the case in one's mind. Therefore, I surmised that where there is 1 great deal, there must be at least 2. Now I know how Goldilocks felt when she began her taste test of porridge until she was satisfied. I, of course, was not satisfied until I purchased 4 pairs of shoes and decided I could do without the pair truly intended for work.

Three of the four are about 3 inches so those will only be seen every blue moon. For those of you, who knowme-knowme, already know that I really could care less what I wear to work, but a cute shoe, a banging purse, and a deal will have said item in the top of my closet waiting for a matching piece to come along for the party. WooHoo!! So here I am spilling my guts and posting pics of the 3 pairs of heals, because Mo said she wanted to see them. LOL. I figured I might as well add my rarely worn favs too. Until the next time......journey light.

BTW, question -Ladies, has the state of the economy slowed your spending? or are you in fifth gear on bargain hunting?


Luv, peace, and an abundance of blessings

E













Favs that I've had over a year or more, but I've only worn a couple of times :)










2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great shoes! My niece is a shoe whore just like you. Me, I'm more into clothes, although occasionally I do come across a great pair of shoes that you would want to die for. (Like you're cute open-toed ones with the button on top and in the colors orange and beige).

Shana said...

Cute. Yea...the economy, the relocation, and athletic kids have pulverized my spending habits. After I send support to Deijah biweekly, pay for all of Tre's biweekly sports needs, and pay immediate bills ... I barely can buy groceries.