Sunday, March 1, 2009

Why I Love/Hate When It Snows In Atlanta



Ok, so I just returned home from Publix, a grocery store here in Georgia, and I feel as though I survived an adventure. It is a rarity that we get snow here and although I've been here for years, I still get a kick out of the natives run on the grocers for milk, eggs, and bread. I couldn't even get a carton of Almond Breeze because they were completely out! So here's my list of reasons why I love/hate when it snows here.





I love it when it snows in the A because.....

1. If it snows enough, schools are closed

2. If schools don't close, but it snows enough for the parents, they will not send their children to school anyway

3. After the hoopla, I can find parking anywhere and everywhere easily

4. I get to stay in bed all day, watch old movies and catch up on blogs

5. The snow creations are hilarious because they are part snow, leaves, twigs, and dirt


But I also hate it because.......

1. Although I know how to drive in it, I dare not because the natives drive crazy on a sunny day, add some precipation and see what happens

2. If you really need milk, eggs, or bread - Good luck because there was a run on those items when the weather reporters first mentioned a chance of snow

3. The grocery store parking lot makes me feel like Frogger when I get out of my car.

4. If APS doesn't close, please believe the children you need a break from will be in attendance

5. My friend who could be here watching old movies with me can't get a flight back home

Until next time.....journey light.......luv, peace, and an abundance of blessings,

E

1 comment:

Shana said...

lol...the snow creations are hilarious and the statement is SO true. Thanks for the laugh. With the lightrail here...I love the snow. I just wish I can afford a garage on the really rough days but...oh well...