Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Just My Thoughts: Life Happens, But Not Always With You In the Plan.....10.6.09

Hey Beautiful Ones,

For several months I have maintained the "I'm grateful anyhow-it's gonna be alright-this too shall pass" attitude. However, a couple of Sundays ago, like a plane out of fuel, things came to a screeching halt and I crashed. I'm not upset or saddened about where I am now because I believe all that positive energy I stored up from June until now was necessary for this next chapter in my life. I have also been blessed to come in contact with several beautiful people through events, chance encounters and social networking. Either way, many of them or shall I say their words, quotes, thoughts to the masses (that felt like it was specifically written for me)are part of that energy that helps me now. But eventually there comes a time when I must take a step back, stand alone, and make choices that no one else can make for me. That is where I am now. This point and the next one I'm about to make was further confirmed for me on Sunday.

I'm finding a few people coming at me with questions or assumptions that truly don't want the responses I'm prepared to give them. Somewhere in this journey they have come to believe that their position in my life is long term or more personal than it really is. As social as I can be, I'm still very much a person who loves her time alone and enjoys an extremely small group of close friends way more than a room full of people I just met. With that being said, I came to acknowledge with my ex-husband, my son's father and other people who play/played a significant role in my life a lesson first introduced to me through "Until Today" & "Acts of Faith". These two books written by Iyanla Vanzant are ones that I dig out often to rejuvenate my senses. And if you are one of the few that truly know me, then you know what I'm about to say next *smile*.....

"People come into your life for a reason, season, and a lifetime. When you figure out which it is, you know exactly what to do" ~Michelle Ventor

Once you acknowledge that, you'll know how to interact with them (and me) in the future. So such is life, but not always with you in mine or I in yours. There is no magic formula to figuring out who fits where. It only takes a little reflection, not to be confused with reminiscing. Since reminiscing allows you only to take things at surface value, while reflection actually requires thinking along with that occasional stroll down memory lane. Otherwise we may find ourselves making people intended only to be temporary into permanent fixtures. So who's fault is it really, when you become frustrated and exhausted beyond consoling?? Hmm...just something to think about....until the next time.....journey light.

Luv, peace, and an abundance of blessings

E
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I saw this poem years ago, but there is much debate about who is the author...

A Reason, a Season, or a Lifetime

When someone is in your life for a REASON . . . It is usually to meet a need you have expressed. They have come to assist you through a difficulty, to provide you with guidance and support, to aid you physically,emotionally, or spiritually. They may seem like a godsend, and they are! They are there for the reasonyou need them to be.

Then, without any wrong doing on your part, or at an inconvenient time, this person will say or do something to bring the relationship to an end.

Sometimes they die.

Sometimes they walk away.

Sometimes they act up and force you to take a stand.

What we must realise is that our need has been met, ourdesire fulfilled, their work is done. The prayer yousent up has been answered. And now it is time to move on.

When people come into your life for a SEASON . . .Because your turn has come to share, grow, or learn. They bring you an experience of peace, or make you laugh. They may teach you something you have never done. They usually give you an unbelievable amount of joy. Believe it! It is real! But, only for a season.

LIFETIME relationships teach you lifetime lessons; things you must build upon in order to have a solid emotional foundation. Your job is to accept the lesson, love the person, and put what you have learned to use in allother relationships and areas of your life. It is said that love is blind but friendship is clairvoyant.

~Author Unknown.

No comments: