Saturday, June 27, 2009

7 Days of Gratitude: Day 3

DrLife: Spiritual practice of the week: For the next 7 days, wake up and write 5 things that you are grateful for BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING ELSE!

It’s the weekend y’all!!.......and I’m on day 3……….

1. I’m grateful for patience. When challenged my initial thought is to immediately do something, to react. But I have learned to step back and take a 2nd look at my situation and wait. Whether it is dealing with my personal life or someone else’s child, I’ve come to find those breathing exercises to work. Now do I always do this? No. But I’m so much better than I was.

2. I’m grateful for guidance. The older we get the wiser we should become. As children, teenagers, and young adults, we are often dismissive of advice from our elders. Instead we seek advice from someone that’s right there in the trenches with us side by side. But as I’ve become older, I see the fault in that. Now my attitude is if I am going to make a mistake, let it be a new one. It makes no sense to make the same errors as those around me.

3. I’m grateful for faith. I’m so happy I’ve learned to accept that ‘this too shall pass’. That the next day or hour will be brighter. That whatever it is I’m up against will work itself out. And if it doesn’t, well apparently God has other plans for me.

4. I’m grateful for sensitivity. This is one I use to hate. How I could be so easily affected by what someone else thinks, says, or does. But its part of what makes me, me. It frames my thinking and helps me to be understanding when I don’t want to be understanding. It helps me to find the good in someone or something, and try to show kindness when needed the most. It keeps me balanced.

5. I’m grateful for acceptance. I use to be good (really just evil) at deciding who it is I will associate with based off of a ‘feeling’ I got. Not ever having a conversation, just a feeling. Now, taking people at face value has become much easier for me to do. I still have a couple of categories of folks I find difficult to talk to, but most I can carry a conversation with easily. However, there are still conditions and that is that your intentions are not to harm me or those around me mentally, emotionally or physically.


How blessed I am that you took the time to listen on this beautiful morning......now how blessed are you? Until next time....journey light.

Luv, peace, and an abundance of blessings,

E

No comments: