Sunday, December 14, 2008

A Week of Simply Divine Happenings

Good Evening Beautiful People,

Many times when Sunday evening rolls around, I fall into a funk. I begin to feel physically drained, unable to become motivated to even eat. This is usually brought on by the thought of my Monday morning return to a place I now refer to as Pharoah's Land. Now I know many may frown on such a comparison. Especially as we sit in the midst of an economy turned upside down. I hear your thoughts "Be grateful, you have a job". Trust me, I am. But it is what it is and we all have had to deal with foolishness on the job before, spoke ill of the company, and rolled right back in there smiling because ultimately we need to pay our bills. So today, I started sliding down that slippery slope, but stopped to think of the truly simple things that transpired this past week and I began to feel better. So, here they are:

  1. Giving the clerk a $20 for gas to fill up and getting change back
  2. Being in serious pain at work and one of my "problem" students demanding that the others act right because "Ms. G don't feel well"
  3. Another one of my students singing "Santa Claus Go Straight to the Ghetto"
  4. Getting back on track with my poetry and sharing three of my pieces at SIP's Open Mic
  5. Having the opportunity to just chill with one of my girl's and enjoy a different genre of music then the norm
  6. Rocking my twa with and without makeup and being told how beautiful I am
  7. Running into one of my highschool classmates from Michigan at my neighborhood Publix in Atlanta
  8. And finally, topping the list is my Friday morning drive to work........I was running late and one of the idiot lights came on as my car decided it didn't feel the need to go faster than 50 mph on the highway. So of course my thoughts were I need a "payment plan" mechanic, but the simple remedy was transmission fluid........sad I know, but cheap!
See told you they were simple things. Love, peace, and an abundance of blessings,
E

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Queen. Good read. I'm glad you were able to put some thing back into perspective. My poetry funk still persists. I have written two pieces, maybe two and a half, since I've been here but they are all incomplete. Thanks for inspiring to think of the simple things that brightened my week as well. Luv~